ABOUT THE ROLE
Kustom Timber is seeking a professional and experienced Project Manager to help the company with a growing workload. In this role you will be asked to work on and help manage a variety of construction sites ranging from multi residential, commercial residential and high end residential renovations. This role requires applicants to handle a large workload and work well under high pressure situations, be capable of running multiple projects at once and able to communicate clear and concise direction to all trades when asked to.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing projects within the decided-upon budget, timeline, and scope. They will also effectively monitor and present project updates to relevant stakeholders, clients, or project team members.
- Review project plans and specifications and complete the project in a professional and safe manner
- Ensure labour is being used to optimum performance
- Forecast Operational requirements
- Regular auditing of workmanship to ensure conformance to requirements
- In conjunction with Construction Manager, analyse various costs/construction options to determine most cost-effective alternatives
- Monitor subcontractor scope of works
- Running a team and multiple sites at a time
- In conjunction with Construction Manager, attend site meetings
- Scheduling ordering materials and quantity take offs
- Maintain and enforce good construction standards and quality control
- Project workflow/Gannt Charts
- Having an in-depth knowledge of products and services
- Negotiating with stakeholders
- Managing and retaining relationships with existing clients
- Develop new relationships with the building and trade industry
Applicants must be forward thinking, organised, excellent communicators and work well in a team environment. The role will require you to work in with a number of departments in the business and develop a close relationship with the Operations and Sales team.
SKILLS & PREFERRED EXPERIENCE
- Experience in a construction estimating role or finishes trade is preferred
- Ability to read and understand plans and specifications
- Proficient in relevant software (Planswift, Excel, Mac & Windows)
- Summarising scope of works and tender datasets, experience with EstimateOne, Bidcontender and Aconex will be an advantage
- Outstanding communication and negotiation abilities
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Good understanding of construction methods
- Willingness to learn
At Kustom Timber, we consider ourselves a family. We encourage people of all backgrounds, cultures, perspectives and even music tastes to apply in order to make our family as diversified and vibrant as possible, which in turn strengthens our team.